Monday, March 29, 2010

Cousins

Last Saturday morning we found ourselves sitting on the front porch, awaiting some guests. To pass the time, we sit and chatted, and played. 
 
And gazed at the Dr. Seuss tree.
And threw our ball onto the driveway, but we know not to go there to get it ourselves 'cause the driveway is off limits when we play with balls. Balls roll into the street, you know. So we get Dada to get it for us.
And then a van pulled up. Who could it be? 
 Turns out it was a carload full of cousins. The cousins came in and immediately gave poor, neglected Elvis some love. Poor Elvis. He used to be the baby around here before those other two showed up.
The boys gave a little love to Nana.
And then they all went off to our park. Keith and I did an errand that I will discuss later, so I'm not sure exactly what happened, I can only guess from Karen's pictures.

Cole monopolized the tallest slide. Not by sliding over and over, but by blocking the slide entrance to swing from the metal rail. WHEEEEEEE.
He will occasionally step aside for favorite people, and so Greg got a turn to slide.
And little dude Rhett, with Sara behind. You can tell Cole is dying to get back to his swinging. The anticipation causes some nailbiting.
Phew. Everyone slid, and he's back to swinging.
One can only swing so long before you need others to make you go WHEEEE. I wish the cousins lived closer so they could come and do this more often.
I mean really, how cute are they? And they're even lined up from youngest to oldest. Cute, and clever. Rhett, Sara, Greg. Look how sassy Sara is with her leg posing. Watch out, Karen!
I anticipated an attempt at a group photo, and this one's not bad. Sort of a posed shot, sort of a candid with them all lounging. 
And then Keith and I got back from our errand, the whole gang headed back to our house, where we handed the BellyMomma something she's been waiting for a while. 
 
What's the deal with the shirt? I'll tell you tomorrow.

No comments: